Power disturbance and harmonic distortion in electrical systems have proven to be fatal to equipment, cables, transformers, capacitor banks etc. The situation has deteriorated further with the use of products such as variable speed drives, soft starters, rectifiers, UPS, discharge lamp etc. These devices will generate or increase the harmonic distortion and high frequency interference in the power system. These disturbances will cause overheating to cables, transformer and related equipment etc.
Detuned Harmonic Circuit Filter Reactor is used for:
- filtering harmonics and high frequency disturbance
- reduce high inrush current (from parallel switching of capacitors & from power to capacitor banks and thus improves the operating source life span of the capacitor)
Filtering % p is the ratio of inductance to capacitance. It is not to be confused with the impedance or reactance of an inductor.
For a 50Hz system:
- p=7% = 189Hz is used where protection to capacitor and harmonics reduction is required
- p=6% = 204Hz is to be used where the system is rich in 5th harmonics and above
- p=13% = 139Hz is used where voltage distortion exceed permissible limit
technical data rated voltage
· 3 x 525V 50Hz & 440V 50Hz
filtering factor (uk)
frequency of filter
tolerance of inductance
linearity of inductance
· 1.3In (Max up to 1.5In)
degree of protection
· IP 00
· copper or aluminium
· polyester enamelled wire 155°C (Class F) & 180°C (Class H)
· fiberglass wire 180°C (Class H)
· 0.5mm high grade silicon steel from Japan & Korea
· high grade high temperature polyester varnish
· class F or H
· max 40°C
Technical Data (p=7%)
1. The reactor is manufactured to withstand 125% capacitor current (l1) at its rated operating voltage.
2. Harmonic current handling capacity (for p=7.0% detuned reactor):
- l1 = 1.06 Ic (fundamental current)
- l3 = 0.04 x l1 (3rd harmonic)
- l5 = 0.31 x l1 (5th harmonic)
- l5 = 0.13 x l1 (7th harmonic)
- lth = 1.25 x l1
3. Inductance tolerance is manufactured to be less than ± 5%.
4. Reactor Linearity still within 95~105% of their nominal inductance at 150% rated current. This assured maximum filtering of distortion
even in the presence of severe harmonics and best absorption of surges.
5. Saturation of iron core: The reactor will not saturate (a drop of 10% of the nominal inductance) at 175% of rated current.
6. Insulation-Class F 155°C. (Class H 180°C available upon request).
7. Operating Temperature: 100°C max. temperature rise at ambient temperature of 40°C. Thermostat 130°C (NC) is fitted to coil windings for over temperature protection.
8. Testing: insulation strength tested at 2.5kV @ 1 minute.
9. Noise level: below 55dB – reactor not hum at no harmonics condition.
detuned harmonic circuit filter reactor 525V 50Hz 7%
|model no.||model type||525V capacitor rater power (KVAr)||rated current (A)||inductance (mH)||overall dimensions (mm)|
w d h
|A5K07525||A||5||5.5||12.281||175 130 170||4.5|
|A10K07525||A||10||11||6.141||210 130 230||8.1|
|A15K07525||A||15||16.5||4.094||210 145 230||10.2|
|A20K07525||A||20||22||3.070||210 150 230||10.4|
|A25K07525||B||25||27.5||2.456||270 170 230||14.6|
|A30K07525||B||30||33||2.047||270 175 230||15.3|
|A40K07525||B||40||44||1.535||270 180 230||17.8|
|A50K07525||B||50||55||1.228||270 190 230||19.7|
|A60K07525||B||60||66||1.023||270 205 230||22.8|
|A75K07525||B||75||82.5||0.819||320 200 280||30.5|
|A80K07525||B||80||88||0.768||320 200 280||30.5|
|A100K07525||B||100||110||0.614||320 215 280||33|
|A120K07525||B||120||132||0.512||320 235 280||35.8|
|A150K07525||B||150||165||0.409||375 270 280||50|
|A160K07525||B||160||176||0.384||375 270 280||52.4|
|A200K07525||B||200||220||0.307||410 270 320||58|
|A300K07525||B||300||330||0.205||435 295 320||76|
Note: All specification are subject to change without prior notice for product improvement.
Images, pictures, and illustrations used are for illustrative purposes only and the color printed in the brochure may differ from the actual product.